A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Thursday, 1 December 2016

Beauty | November Favourites


It's 1st December which means one thing. Well, aside from the fact that the festive season has officially started and it's acceptable to now play Christmas songs on repeat, It's also monthly favourites time! I've been using all of the products I'm talking about today throughout November, and love all of them so much that I had to share them with you all. Included this month are some new makeup bag additions, an AMAZING dry shampoo, and also some skincare thrown in for good measure. As always, I'd love to hear what are your favourite products at the moment, and whether you have tried and loved/ hated any of the ones I'm featuring today.



Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation 
For the past few years, double wear by Estee Lauder has been my number one foundation of choice. The flawless full coverage it gives is second to none, and it's budge and transfer proof 15 hour staying power is just amazing- it really does stay put all day. Recently, however, I've been feeling a little too 'caked,' and wanted to let my natural skin shine through a little bit, so decided to give double wear light a try. Like it's full coverage sister, it contains SPF 10, and offers the same 15 hour staying power, but the coverage is a buildable sheer to medium, instead of full. I apply it with a damp beauty blender, and find that it still gives me a pretty flawless finish, but in a more natural way. At £31, its the same price as double wear original, and also contains the same amount of product (30ml) however a big plus for me is that it is in a tube rather than a glass bottle- trying to get the last bit of product out of a glass bottle is the bane of my life! 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
I treated myself to this much hyped concealer after hearing so many amazing things about it from other bloggers and beauty lovers, and have been using it every day for over a month. Claiming to be 'full coverage' but weightless, it really appealed to me as to cover my dark circles I often end up with a thick layer of concealer which looks heavy and sits in my creases- not a good look! The product is very light in formulation- I put a few dots under my eye section, then blend in dabbing motions with my mini beauty blender. The great thing about this product is that you can build up the coverage, and I often find that after repeating the above step twice, my dark circles have vanished! I love it's luminous, semi matte finish, and after dusting a little loose powder over the top, it stays in place all day, and doesn't crease at all.


I recently got my eyebrows tattooed at Tracie Giles' salon in Knightsbridge (read my full post here) and I absolutely love my new fuss free brows- it's so amazing to wake up in the morning and not to have to spend time drawing them on anymore, as I had done for years. Day to day, I will go out without doing anything to them, however in the evening I like to define them a bit more, particularly if I have gone for smokey eye makeup. I bought Benefit's Gimme Brow a few weeks ago to help me do just this, and it's amazing for taming the natural brow hairs I do have left, and keeping them in place. The gel is slightly tinted, and unlike other brow products, the brush is tiny, which makes it perfect for grabbing every single hair. The formula contains little fibres which give the brows extra volume, and it's possibly the easiest and quickest brow product I've ever used. I went for shade 03 which is a mid brown, however it also comes in light, perfect for red heads or blondes, and dark brown for brunettes. 

Nars Orgasm Blush
Another product I treated myself to last month was this iconic blush by Nars, and it's become another every day makeup bag staple. It's deep dusky pink shade and flecks of shimmer are perfect on my fair complexion- I apply it to the apples of my cheeks with my blusher brush, then drag backwards along my cheekbones. The gold flecks really catch the light, and I feel that it's a bit of a 2 in one product, as it looks like you are wearing a highlighter along the cheeks as well as a blush. The powder is highly pigmented, so I always ensure I tap off any excess product before applying to the cheeks, and I image this will last absolutely ages. I love the Nars packaging a well, it's instantly recognisable, and very Instagrammable as well! 



Unwash Dry Cleanser*
I recently joined the Unwash 'haircare revolution' and switched my usual shampoo and conditioner with Unwash's bio cleansing conditioner- a 2 in one product that is kinder to hair and doesn't strip it of it's natural oils (read my full review here.) This month, I have given their dry cleanser a go- the fact that it's ended up in my favourites post gives you a good idea that I absolutely love it. Unlike other dry shampoos, it doesn't leave a white residue or build up in my hair, and is really lightweight and smells like an absolute dream. It's the perfect product for day 2 hair that needs a little boost, plus it gives my hair lots of much needed volume and body.

Simple Soothing Eye Balm
I've been a huge fan of the Simple skincare range for many years now- I used to have quite bad skin as a teenager, and I found that it was the only brand that didn't irritate my skin or make it break out. My eye area always seems to get neglected during my skincare routine, and as a result my under eyes often look dry, so I bought this soothing eye balm, to give them a little bit of love. Like all of Simple's products, it is free from perfume and colour, and it contains key nutrients and vitamins to reduce puffiness, and soothe tired eyes. I apply a pea sized amount with my ring finger to my eye area, and dab gently until the product has absorbed completely, then repeat if my eyes are feeling particularly tired or dry. Not only does my skin feel instantly rejuvenated, but the appearance has improved after 4 weeks of use as well. 

Primark Beauty Rose Gold Tweezer Duo
If you are a regular reader to My So Kohl'd Life, you will know that I've been loving Primark beauty recently, and in particular their beauty tools and lip products. My eyes seem to be naturally drawn to anything rose gold at the moment, and when I saw that this tweezer 2 pack was only £1, I put it in my basket straight away! The pack contains one pair of traditional slanted tweezers, and another pair which are pointed and perfect for those hard to get hairs. After browsing online, I noticed some other rose gold tools such as eyelash curlers, so I'll be on the lookout for these next time I'm in store! 

What products have you been loving throughout November? 

For all of the latest updates, make sure you give My So Kohl'd Life a little follow on Instagram, Twitter & Bloglovin.'


* This post contains gifted products, but all views are my own. 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Such great picks! I'm a big fan of NARS Orgasm and I really want to treat myself to the Urban Decay concealer once my NARS is done!

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirstie, thanks for your comment. Ooh yes, let me know how you get on with the UD concealer if you do buy it :)

      Beth xx

      Delete
  2. Ok, so you've sold me on the UD concealer! NEED! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig