A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Monday, 5 September 2016

Skincare | Skin Chemists Advanced Snail Daily Moisturiser & Serum Review


Another day, another skincare post! I've said it before- now I'm in my thirties, skincare is so much more important in my everyday routine, and sometimes even more important to me than makeup. I've always tried my hardest to look after my skin, however the years have definitely taken their toll and it can often look dull, tired, and I can certainly see a difference between what it looked like in my early twenties to now (thanks timehop for reminding me how youthful I used to look!) Plus I always think that no amount of makeup can mimic the look of gorgeous skin glowing through your foundation, and you need a good base to achieve this. I'm certainly trying my hardest to reverse the damage that has been done to my skin from the sun, leaving my makeup on overnight and a bad diet, and alongside lifestyle changes, I need to use amazing products that will look after my skin, whilst giving amazing results. 


The lovely people at Skin Chemists sent me two products from their 'Advanced Snail' collection- the duo moisturiser, and snail serum- and I have been using them twice daily for the past month. When they first arrived I must say that it felt like Christmas and I felt so spoilt- they are premium products that both retail for around £70 each, so they are without a doubt the most expensive skincare products I have used. I'd not heard of the brand before, however after doing a little bit of research I discovered that they have been around for over 20 years, use only ethically sourced ingredients and that all of their products are 100% organic and cruelty free. They also say that they create personalised skin products that 'make you love your skin'. How lovely is that?

To start, I make sure my skin is clean, makeup free and cleansed, then apply a pea sized amount of the serum, followed by the same sized amount of the daily moisturiser. Both products feel light in texture, really sink into the skin on application, and leave me with a desirable matte finish which provides a lovely base for my makeup. I find a lot of serums and moisturisers leave my skin looking quite greasy and shiny, which is not a great look anyway, but I also find it sometimes hard to blend my makeup if there us an oily residue on my face.

As the name suggests, the key ingredient in both of these products is snail secretion, which helps prevent premature aging, and also reduces ages spots, whilst providing protection from damage from the elements. The serum works by lifting and tightening, whilst the moisturiser hydrates, soothes and purifys. Both also contain ingredients to plump the skin, and I have to say that even after the first application, my skin felt much softer and more supple, plus I found that my makeup stayed put all day and I didn't have to re apply. One of the things I was dubious about was what these products would smell like due to the snail secretion in them, however I have to say they smell so gorgeous- just like peaches, which I wasn't expecting at all.


After a month of using both products twice daily, I have to say that I definitely feel like my skin is glowing more than usual, plus I haven't had any of my usual monthly breakouts around my chin area. The fine lines on my forehead look smoother and less deep, and I have also been wearing less foundation which is unheard of for me. The only downside to these products in my opinion are the packaging- as lovely as they look on my dressing table, I like to be able to use every last drop (especially with premium products) but I don't think I'll be able to do that these. Saying that, the fact that you need to use the smallest amount (approx 1 pump) means that I image that these will both last me absolutely ages. I'm really impressed with the results I've seen in such a short amount of time, and I'll definitely be checking out some of their other products.

Have you tried any products from Skin Chemists

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I completely agree with what you said about the importance of taking care of your skin and that no amount of make-up can make up for a lack in taking care of your skin! Personally I have really tricky skin.. it's oily/combination and I often get breakouts so I find it really difficult to perfect my skincare routine! So glad to hear you enjoyed these products though.. maybe I'll look into the range myself! :) Thanks so much for sharing xx

    Ciara Rose | www.ciara-rose.com | Subscribe via Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ciara, thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and leave a comment :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and please let me know if you end up trying anything from Skin Chemists x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig