A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Sunday, 29 May 2016

NYX Matte Lip Cream | Review & Swatches


If you read my recent NYX cosmetics mini haul, you'll know that I raved about their matte lip cream in Abu Dhabi, and that it has become my go- to lip of choice since I got it. I've been so impressed with it, in fact, that I've added another 5 shades to my collection- CannesStockholmAthens, Milan and Copenhagen.


For me, it's all about matte lips. I've tried gloss, pearlised, lustre and every other finish in between, however I always come back to matte, so I was overjoyed when I discovered these amazing lip creams. Unlike other matte lipsticks, their cream formation means that they are ultra moisturising and do not dry or 'drag' the lips out at all. NYX matte lip creams have a sponge applicator and go on like a gloss, then dry to a matte finish- with the first application you have a light wash of colour, which can be built up with each coat you apply. I find these much more controllable than a lipstick as you can use the tip of the sponge applicator to trace a line around the lips, then fill in using the wider part. You can use a lip liner for more precise application, but I don't think you particularly need one with these products, especially the lighter colours.

NYX lip creams retail for just £5.50, and are available in Boots stores nationwide, as well as online, and you can also fine them on FeelUnique.com and ASOS.


Top to bottom...


Milan- A soft dolly pink
Athens- A true nude
Stockholm- A pink based nude
Abu Dhabi- A mid brown
Cannes- A retro dusky pink
Copenhagen- A deep plum

Have you tried NYX soft matte lip creams?

Don't forget to follow My So Kohl'd Life oTwitterInstagram and Bloglovin' for the latest updates.

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I LOVE these so much. I already have 12 and desperately need more! The shade Cannes looks beautiful, definitely convinced to buy it asap. great post lovely xxx
    aimey | apsxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimey, thanks for your comment. Wow, your collection beats mine! Did you buy Cannes? I would recommend it :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE these so much. I already have 12 and desperately need more! The shade Cannes looks beautiful, definitely convinced to buy it asap. great post lovely xxx
    aimey | apsxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever clicked on a post so fast in my life haha!! I love the NYX soft matte lip creams. I only own a couple but I plan on getting more for sure. I really want a nude one, so I might go with Stockholm xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, haha glad to hear it :) I would really recommend Stockholm as a great nude colour, let me know how you get on with it! xx

      Delete
  4. I recently got Stockholm and I love it! Such a nice shade. The NYX formula is amazing though, it's the least drying matte lip I have. Copenhagen is on my wishlist though, beautiful colour x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamzin, I completely agree, that's what I love so much about these, they don't dry the lips at all!! Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment x

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh these look amazing, I need to try more from NYX!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parie, thanks for commenting. Yes you do need to try these!! Let me know how you get on xxx

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried any of these but they look amazing!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, I promise they are all amazing! I would especially recommend Abu Dhabi and Stockholm as great nude shades x

      Delete
  7. I love these Matte Creams, I'm currently obsessed with the shade Zurich and I think Stockholm will be my next addition :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, ooh I haven't come across Zurich, I will look out for it :) Thanks for the recommendation xxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig