A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Friday, 26 February 2016

Mac Mini Haul | New Makeup Bag Essentials


If you are familiar with my blog you will know that Mac are my favourite makeup brand, and that I am forever expanding my collection whenever I have some spare money. My professional makeup kit is 90% Mac, however when it comes to my personal makeup, I sometimes can't afford to splash out and end up using high street brands. Don't get me wrong, I also have my favourites when it comes to the high street (Makeup Revolution, Kiko and Topshop are some of my faves), but you can't beat adding some new Mac additions to your makeup bag! 

Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in 'Light Plus'
I've replaced my all time favourite powder 'Select Sheer Pressed Powder' with Mac's mineral offering, which I have previously avoided because it didn't contain a mirror in it's compact, and in my eyes this is a must for on the go touch ups! Thankfully they have re designed the packaging and added a mirror (yay!) so I thought I would try this powder for a change. The slowly baked formula provides light, natural coverage, which I love as I hate looking too caked and matte, especially from powder. Once I have applied my foundation and concealer, I use a large brush and dust this all over my face, paying special attention to my t zone which tends to get greasy quickly. It sets my foundation perfectly, and I often don't need to top it up at all throughout the day, however I always pop it in my handbag with a little brush, just in case. I opted for the shade 'light plus' as I am quite fair skinned, but there are 15 shades in the range so you are bound to find the perfect match for your skin. At £24 it is slightly more expensive than 'Select Sheer' which retails at, £20.50, however it gives a more natural finish whilst allowing my makeup to stay put, so I will definitely be re buying this.


Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in 'On The Hunt'
 If you are anything like me then when it comes to makeup products you love, you will dabble in lots of brands, then always come back to your favourite. That is exactly what I've done here- this liquid eyeliner beats all others hands down and the minute I used it again I wondered why I'd ever stopped. The first thing I love about this product is the felt lip nib which makes getting the perfect eyeliner flick a breeze. Second of all it is water and smudge proof, so once I has dried it literally does not budge! I usually get 2-3 months use out of this, even when I use it every day. At £18, it does seem quite expensive for a liquid eyeliner, particularly when you can get great drug store alternatives for a quarter of the price, but I have never come across one that has lasted as long as this so in my eyes it is well worth the money.



Lipstick in Cyber and Lipliner in Cyberworld
Because everyone loves a statement dark lip right? I realised that I did not have any really dark lipsticks in my collection that suited me as the majority make me look too washed out and gothic, especially if they have brown undertones. Cyber lipstick is a deep berry shade with a satin finish which makes application and wearability easy. I would usually go for a matte finish but I find that, particularly with dark colours, this can make the lips very dry. I line my lips with Cyberworld, using tiny brush strokes, then use a lip brush to fill them in with Cyber lipstick. This combo looks perfect if you are perhaps just going for an eyeliner flick and mascara on the eyes- as a rule I wouldn't go for a really heavy eye with a colour as strong as this.





What essential Mac products can't you live without?

Don't forget to follow My So Kohl'd Life on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin' for the latest updates.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the look of Cyber but I look terrible with dark lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky!! Haha I bet you don't! I wouldn't dare wear it in the day, it's definitely a night out colour for me only!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all my mac lipsticks! I have about 20 of them. Hahaha. Thier Mac Skinfinish in soft and gentle is one of my favorite highlighters! A must have for me.
    Xx
    Http://www.inthegreyonline.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig