A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Tuesday, 29 December 2015

WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS 2015 | BEAUTY

So my favourite time of year, Christmas, is over. It feels like the older I get, the quicker it seems to pass, and I'll admit it, I have a slight case of the post Christmas blues. That being said, and trying to hold onto the festive feeling, I thought I would review my favourite beauty gifts that I was lucky enough to receive this year. Although I didn't write a Christmas list, my friends and family know me well and being a makeup artist, beauty blogger and all round product junky, a lot of my presents had a beauty theme. I've chosen my 5 favourite, a mix of products I've tried before and products that are new to me, for today's review.

Ciate Olivia Palermo Nail Polish- Go To Red
I've been desperate for some of the produces from Olivia Palermo's Ciate range, so was delighted when I opened this signature red polish. Not only is it Olivia's 'go to' shade (hence the name), it also comes in a gorgeous and very Instagrammable box, which has her signature on and is edged in gold. This shade is a timeless pillarbox red, and having tried and loved Ciate polishes before I know what amazing quality they are. At £17, it is slightly on the pricey side so I probably wouldn't buy it for myself, however it makes such a lovely gift.
 
 
Like every other blogger, I just can't resist a candle, or anything with my initial on, so this was the perfect gift for me. I've seen quite a lot of these on the high street, but at £6 you can't go wrong with this M&S one. It smells divine as has a grapefruit and ginger scent, and is almost too pretty to use. I'm sure you will see this popping up in the background of my posts in the not so distant future!
 
 
I've heard so much hype about the gorgeous VS fragrance mists, so was secretly hoping I would get one in my stocking. Lighter than a perfume but still very fragrant, they are perfect to keep in your handbag if you want to freshen up throughout the day. At around £10 for 250ml, they are certainly purse friendly, and come in a large variety of scents. This one is white cotton and pink lily, and smells so fresh and clean.
 
This is my all time favourite fragrance, and luckily I ran out of it just in time for Christmas. The fresh, fruity scent is feminine and sexy, and I love that it is an Eau De Parfum rather than an Eau De Toilette as it lasts so much longer. It has a sweet purple bottle with a large flower lid which will look lovely on any dressing table, and retails for around £49 for 50ml.
 

How cute is this festive bauble? It is filled with glittery shower gel and can also be hung on the tree. Mine has a lovely elderflower fragrance, and comes in a lovely little box as well. These retail for around £10 and I believe they are still available if you want to pick some up for next year's presents.
 
 
I'd love to hear what your favourite Christmas presents were this year, did you get any nice beauty bits? Don't forget to follow My So Kohl'd Life on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin' for the latest updates.
 
Love Beth xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Some gorgeous gifts you got, Beth! Hope you had a lovely Christmas xx

    Ciara Rose | www.ciara-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciara, I did have a lovely Christmas, hope you did as well!!! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig