A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Thursday, 31 December 2015

ONE LINE A DAY | A FIVE YEAR MEMORY BOOK


I'd not heard of these books before I unwrapped one on Christmas morning, but it's safe to say that it is my favourite present I received this year. Growing up I loved to keep a diary, in fact, I think that's where my love of writing began, and I would keep detailed accounts of what I had done each day. The older I got, however, I realised that finding the time to jot down my thoughts, feelings and general notes about the day became difficult, and the whole process a slight chore.

The One Line a Day diary is different. The idea is that you just write down something positive that has happened that day, or even just a quick note or memory. You continue doing so every day, and then continue for five years. At the end of that time you will have a reminder of what you did on each day, for a whole five years. Think of it as a written timehop if you will, minus the pictures and embarrassing statuses. What appeals to me the most about this is that it encourages you to not only record your memories in a written form, but to also pick out the positive parts of even the most rubbish days. For example, on August 10th 2016 you could have just jotted down how you had a lovely catch up with an old friend, but 2 years later on that same day you could be engaged. The thought of seeing how my life will evolve over the next five years excites me, and I cannot wait to get started on 1st January.


The diary is a gorgeous duck egg blue with gold binding (oh so Instagrammable!) and is small enough to fit in any handbag. I'm sure by the end of the five years it will be battered and thumbnailed, but I hope after this time it will be a lovely memory book which I can refer back to for years to come. Chronicle Books who make the diary also offer some other lovely versions- for example 'Mom's One Line a Day' which documents the first five years of motherhood and also 'One Sketch a Day' which is a visual journal. All are available from Amazon and Waterstones and retail for around £11.99.
 
 
I'd love to hear whether you have one of these diaries- how are you getting on with filling it in?

Don't forget to follow My So Kohl'd Life on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin' for the latest updates.

Love Beth xxx
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I've heard of this before and it's such a lovely idea! I might need to pick one up myself.
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sammy, thanks for your comment. Yes It's such a lovely idea, I really hope I keep it up! x

      Delete
  2. I need to get myself one! It sounds like such a cool idea and it will be fun to look back at :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Ihe! Let me know how you get on if you do get one! x

      Delete
  3. I have this book and I never ended up sticking to it, oops! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherry, oh no!! How long did you keep it up for?? x

      Delete
  4. Wow i love the idea of this so much better than a dairy.. I have such a bad memory so this would perfect to see all the little good things that happened that i forgot x

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig