A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Sunday, 20 December 2015

December Birchbox Review

Last week I arrived home to find that my second ever Birchbox had arrived on my doorstep, and being the December edition, it definitely outshone last month's box. First things first, it is contained in a gorgeous glittery clutch bag which will be perfect for fitting all of my party essentials in over the festive season. Read on to find out what was inside...


 Described as a 'lash hugging gel liner pen,' this eyeliner from the 'They're Real' range promises to make liquid liner easy. It has a nifty angled nib which helps you get close to the lash line with ease with no awkward hand angles, but I did find the concept a bit odd, as you have to squeeze the gel out. As I found, this means you either end up with too much product, resulting in a less than desirable line, or too little. Personally, I found this a bit of a gimmacky product and would chose a traditional liquid liner over this any day. Sorry Benefit!

Benefit Puff Off
'Puff Off' is another gel product, this time designed to ease puffiness around the eye area. I apply this after my moisturiser in dabbing motions and although I haven't noticed a decrease in puffiness thus far, it does create a lovely base for my eye makeup.


Next up, a skincare product. Having not heard of the brand 'When' or this product before I was intrigued to try it and see what it was all about. This sheet mask is designed to soothe and revitalize stressed and fatigued skin- simply place it over you face and leave for 30 minutes, then massage any remaining product into the skin. After using this, my skin felt dewy soft and full of moisture. At £25 for a pack of 4, these are quite pricey (especially as they can't be re used), so may be another addition for the Christmas list!

I was delighted to find this mini glitter polish from one of my favourite nail brands Ciate in this month's box, because if you can't wear glitter at Christmas, when can you?? It has a cute candy pink base and is packed with gold glitter so you can have the most festive nails around. I was pleased to find that unlike other glitter polishes it comes out as it looks in the bottle and is not at all sparse. A full size bottle would cost £9 but I envisage that this mini one will last for quite a while. I also got this little hair bobble/ bracelet- you can never have too many, right?


Jelly Pong Pong is a brand that hasn't been on my radar for a few years, so I was pleased to be reminded of how good it is, all thanks to the help of this little bottle of illuminator. Although it is only 4ml, I believe it is a full sized product, and it retails for around £8. This has a brush attached to the lid much like a nail polish brush, so you can literally paint it onto the parts of the face you want to highlight. It's a great champagne shade with pink undertones, and it's lightweight texture blends seamlessly into the skin.


At £8.50 for a 200ml bottle, I definitely wouldn't be trying this shower gel by Rituals unless it had popped up in my Birchbox. Apparently you only need to dispense a small amount, the size of a penny, into the palm of your hands so I can see that this will not be lasting me very long at all! With white lotus extracts, it has a strong but pleasant fragrance that stays on the skin all day long.


Did you get this month's Birchbox? What did you think? Don't forget to follow My So Kohl'd Life on Twitter and Instagram for all the latest updates. 

Love Beth xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That Ciate Mini Glitter Polish is lovely. I used to get both Birch and Glossybox and decided to cancel one, to be honest I'm glad I stuck with Glossy as although this is nice, the Glossybox ones have been so much better lately! If I had the money I'd probably sub to every subscription box under the sun though :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corinne, thanks for your comment. Oh really? I've not tried Glossybox, hoping you have a few posts on it as I'm going to check out your blog now :) Maybe I will mix it up in the new year and go for glossy instead!! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig