A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Handbag Essentials #2 | The Blotterazzi by Beauty Blender


In my second installment of the Handbag Essentials series, I'm talking about the handy little product that is The Blotterrazi. It only came into my life last month- I stumbled across it during a little spree in Sephora whilst I was on holiday and I can safely say it has become a handbag essential. Drawn in by the fact that it is made by THE beauty blender people (and I quite liked the catchy name) I couldn’t resist, and promptly took it to the till and handed over $20 (approximately £14.) Dubbed as an alternative to old fashioned blotting papers, at first I didn’t really get it- I mean how can a sponge help keep me shine free? The science behind it is that the sponge absorbs any excess oil on the skin, banishing shine, whilst keeping makeup intact. 

The cute mirrored compact contains 2 tear shaped sponges which are designed to fit all edges of the face, and it has air holes on the base to help them to breathe. If, like me, you suffer with a shiny t zone these are perfect- simply get them out of your bag, dab a few times around the shiny area and you are good to go! I definitely feel a lot more discreet than when I pull out my Mac compact and powder brush and the sponges are washable which means that you can literally use them forever. I got a sample of the cleaner that the brand offers in the box with these, but you could also use a gentle baby shampoo to clean them. 

There are air holes on the base to help the sponges to breathe, as well as a cute little mirror on the inside
A little plastic sheet separates the 2 sponges within the compact- it says 'use me, don't toss me' all over it to make sure you don't throw it away.
The verdict? As much as I thought this product was a bit of a gimmick when I first picked it up, it definitely does what it says on the tin; shine is removed and makeup intact. On a few occasions (probably on those ugly days when I have caked myself in foundation) I have noticed some of my makeup coming off on the sponge, however the sponge left the rest of my makeup looking flawless so it didn't bother me too much. I would say the main reason I bought this was because of the brand and their reputation- had it been made by a brand I hadn't heard of I may not have handed over my money so easily. Saying that, it is only a couple of sponges in a compact so I am sure that others will soon develop a similar product and it will be widely available. I can see these taking over from the traditional blotting paper (I never liked them!) particularly because they are re usable so I see them as an investment- with blotting papers you can only use them once.

  I'd love to hear your comments on this product- have you tried it, and were you impressed? 


Love, Beth xxx  
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oo that looks amazing. Need to get my hands on it!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! You should treat yourself ;) x

      Delete
  2. It's great that those go in a package as I always can't find the place for my blenders. Such cute little case makes it much easier to take care of your blenders!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig