A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Tuesday, 27 October 2015

My Skincare Essentials


My skincare routine has been an important ritual to me since my early teens. Back then I tried just about every product out there in a hopeless bid to get rid of my acne, and would religiously cleanse, tone and moisture in the hope that I would one day wake up with flawless skin. Needless to say it never happened- my skin finally cleared up when I was around the age of 18, and only with the help of the pill. Luckily, my routine had stuck by this time, and I have carried on with it ever since (apart from the odd night when I am too tired/ drunk/ can't be bothered to take my makeup off- we have all been there!) Today's post is all about the skincare products I love and simply cannot live without!

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Lotion
This was one of the first cleansers I ever used and I am still using it to this day. When my skin was at it's worst, I found that the Simple range was the only one that didn’t irritate my skin as it has no colours in it. I smooth this cream cleanser onto my face with my fingertips, then use cotton wool pads to remove it. It effectively removes all makeup (I don't use a separate eye makeup remover) and leaves my skin silky soft. 

I only started to use anti aging products in the last 2 years (yep, as soon as I got rid of the acne, the wrinkles started) but I wish I had started sooner to prevent the onset of them. This cream smells absolutely divine, and helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, firm the skin and add radiance, plus it also contains SPF15 to protect the skin from the sun's harmful rays. My foundation also contains SPF and I now wouldn't leave the house without some kind of sun screen on- sun damage is the worst thing for aging skin!

I’ve had this cute little pot for about 4 years and it still looks like it’s barely been used- a tiny bit goes a long way! Although I’m not a fan of its pungent smell, it’s the best product for dry skin- I use it every night before bed on my lips, and also on my face if I get any dry patches.

OK, so this technically isn't skincare, but as I use it every evening as part of my nighttime routine, I thought it would fit in well with this post. I originally bought this to help my eyelashes to grow and was so delighted with the results that I am currently using it on my eyebrows. Being a teenager in the early 2000’s, I over plucked my brows big time, and am still paying for it. I have been using the product for a couple of months and it really has made my brows grow- I’m so impressed!

I jumped on the Protect and Perfect bandwagon a year or so ago as I had heard so many good things about the range. I purchased this about 6 months ago and began using it under my moisturiser daily. It gives my skin a lovely smooth texture and creates a lovely base for my foundation. 

I picked this up from Sephora in the US last month (read my Sephora haul here) and I have never used such an amazing night serum. It contains vitamin A which is amazing for the anti-aging process- I put around 2 drops into the palm of my hands, rub together, then work into the skin. It has a thin, oily texture and really sinks into the skin- I have really seen an improvement in the texture and tone of my skin so I think this is going to be a longstanding favourite of mine. 

I'd love to hear what your 'must have' skincare items are. I do have my favourites but am always on the lookout for new products to try.

Love, Beth xxx  


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Just subscribed to you via Bloglovin' and I am loving your blog! Need to get my hands on that Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream although I've tried the hand cream version in the past and I hated the smell of it, although I think maybe putting a tiny bit on my lips would be bearable. I get such chapped lips in the winter and this sounds like it would be a miracle product! Great post and thanks for sharing xx

    Ciara Rose | AllureImpassionedGoddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Ciara, it's so kind of you! I agree that the smell of the eight hour cream is awful, I don't know if I would like it as a hand cream but it's amazing for chapped lips! Thanks again and I'm glad you enjoyed the post xxx

      Delete
  2. I could not live without that Simple moisturiser!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks for your comment! I love Simple products, they are so gentle so perfect for my sensitive skin! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig