A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Friday, 16 October 2015

KIKO MILANO | REBEL ROMANTIC COLLECTION | REVIEW & SWATCHES

First up, a little confession. Until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t heard of the Italian professional brand Kiko Cosmetics. How this amazing brand passed me by I do not know, as they have been in the UK for a while now and have stores up and down the country, including an amazing  flagship store on Regent Street, complete with an LED ceiling. Aware that I have some catching up to do, I decided to have a little splurge and try some of their products from their ‘Rebel Romantic’ collection. I know you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I instantly fell in love with the gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury-esk rose gold packaging, and knew that even if I didn’t love the products, they would make for an amazing Instagram post!!


Intensely Lavish Lipstick & Lip pencil- 02 'Pretty Mauve'
The Rebel Romantic collection offers 6 lipsticks and matching liners, and I have to say that this lipstick is my favourite out of all of the products. First of all, it comes in the most beautiful rose gold case which is really weighty- I think this makes it feel so expensive and luxurious. I went for shade 2 which is a dusky pink/ red, I felt that this suited my skintone the best out of all of the shades, and is also a classic colour that I would get lots of wear out of. The attention to detail on this lipstick is amazing- it has the Kiko symbol embossed on the side of it- how amazing is that?! Although they are meant to match, the lipliner is slightly darker than the lipstick, but this isn't a bad thing as it means you get a slightly ombre look when using the 2 together which is oh-so on trend.


Cased in a rose gold compact, this bronzer has a pale pink centre which gives a matte finish, and also helps to neutralize any orange tones. I am fair skinned so went for the lightest shade- it is the perfect light tan colour and I use it with my Real Techniques large powder brush and use all over the face for a subtle sunkissed glow. It is also a really good shade for contouring- simply apply under the cheekbones, around the edge of the forehead and along the chin for a subtle contoured look.



With contouring being everywhere at the moment, I  couldn't wait to give these contour sticks a go. I personally prefer using powder products to contour as I feel that cream based ones sometimes make you look a little ‘cakey’ if not blended properly. After applying my foundation and concealer, I use the darker one to the temples and the top of the forehead, then along the sides of the nose and under the cheek bones, and then the highlighter under the brows, along the cheekbones and down the nose, and also on the cupids bow. Once I’ve done this, I blend everything together with a damp beauty blender then dust the face with a little bit of translucent powder to set the look. The highlighter also looks great on the inner corners of the eyes as it really brightens and opens them up.

I'd love to hear your thoughts- have you tried these or any other Kiko Milano products?

Love, Beth xxx  
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really love the look of these - particularly the Kiko contour pencils! Gorgeous photos xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great collection, I love the bronzer and lipsticks! Sam xo

    http://www.samanthasbeautyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too!! I can't believe I only just discovered this brand! Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  4. That bronzer is amazing!! Looks so expensive. I keep meaning to go to their new store near me but still haven't got round to it. Was actually just looking for some contouring stuff online and couldn't find any, this is what I was looking for! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamzin, thanks so much for your comment. Let me know if you buy any of the bits and how you get on- the bronzer is so amazing!! x

      Delete
  5. This look lovely! I need to try some Kiko products, here in Italy is so underrated and it's such a shame because it seems to have great quality with a budget price! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caterina! Oh wow, that's crazy that Kiko is from Italy yet it's underrated out there! I bet it's so much cheaper as well! Let me know how you get on if you try any bits :) Thanks for your comment lovely x

      Delete
  6. I love the packaging too. That was the main reason I went into Kiko. Very intrigued about the contour sticks, I might have a go! Enjoying your blog :)

    www.katiewoosite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, thank you for your comment! Yes, the packaging is gorge!! I think this collection is all sold out now but they have some fab other bits and bobs in store and online :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig