A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Thursday, 22 October 2015

Handbag Essentials #1 | Makeup Revolution Protection Pallette | Review & Swatches

In the first installment of my 'handbag essentials' series, I am looking at a multi use product that is not only amazing, but will save you so much space in your handbag. If you are familiar with my blog posts you will know that Makeup Revolution is one of my favourite high street brands as the quality is great and it is so affordable- today the spotlight it on the brand's nifty little protection palette. I ordered this online as I couldn't find it in my local store, and it is currently in their sale for only £4!!! I imagine this means it won't be around for much longer so make sure you snap it up now ladies! Available in 4 shades (from light through to medium/ dark), it contains everything you could possibly want to touch up your skin throughout the day or night. 

THE PALETTE
The palette is beautifully packed in a smart little box which gives it a bit of a Mac feel and makes it seem much more expensive than it actually is- even at it's full price it was only £6, which I cannot quite believe. The product itself is in a sleek black compact case with a mirror and is really slim- I dare you to find a handbag that this won't fit in. I've tried it in the smallest of clutch bags and can vouch that it is the perfect size! 


THE CONCEALERS
I went for the colour light/ medium as I am fair skinned but am also partial to a bit of fake tan now and again. On the left hand side of the palette are 3 super blending cream concealers which offer medium coverage and are perfect for covering blemishes or brightening and concealing the under eye area. The lightest shade is very fair and the darkest slightly pink, but I find the middle shade is a good colour for my skin tone. Alternatively, mix the 3 together to find your perfect shade!  


THE POWDER
Next to the concealer is the 'silk touch' anti shine powder. I didn't swatch this as it's translucent in colour, but it's perfect for topping up shiny t zones or setting concealer. I take a little brush out with me and swirl it in the powder, before applying to the desired areas. I don't use this when applying my makeup in the morning, but it saves me taking my pricey Mac powder out with me (the amount of times I've done that and either lost it, smashed it or dropped it in a puddle is getting silly now!)  

THE CONTOURING BRONZE, BLUSH & HIGHLIGHTER
I previously purchased and reviewed the MUR 'Iconic Palette' (read my review of it here) and the right hand size of this palette contains a similar bronzer, blusher and highlighter. After 2 months of using that non stop, I was in great need of a replacement so was delighted to get my hands on this! All 3 products are soft, subtle shades, with the bronzer a gorgeous golden shade, the blusher a shimmery light pink and the highlighter an icy champagne shade. I pop my retractable real techniques brush in my bag and I with a few sweeps I can contour, highlight and add a bit more life into my face! 


I'd love to hear what you think of this product- have you tried it? What handbag essentials can't you live without?

Love, Beth xxx  

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. ooh this looks great! I love a lot of my makeup revolution products x
    tashaforrest.blogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Tasha! It's so good, you should try it! x

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous palette! It seems super handy too with everything being all in one place :) I'll have to swatch this next time i'm in superdrug!x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love make-up revolution it's so good and I've started absolutely loving your blog! You've got such great content!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig