A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Thursday, 16 July 2015

TOPSHOP INNERSTELLAR EYESHADOW- REVIEW & SWATCHES

With their simplistic yet quirky packaging, amazing quality and affordable prices, I don't know anyone who isn't a fan of the Topshop makeup range. I popped into my local store at the weekend and couldn't resist adding the cute little eyeshadow 'Innerstellar' to my ever growing collection. All dome shaped and shimmery, this colour stood out for me as soon as I approached the stand. I am a sucker for a brown/ taupe/ shimmery shadow (the BEST shade for blue eyes, in my opinion) and at only £5, this rivals most of the highstreet brands out there price wise.

With a lot of shimmery eyeshadows, I often find that either the shimmer alone will come out of pot, with not much else (leaving sparsely covered glittery eyelids- not a good look) or the shadow seems to lose its shimmer as soon as it is on the eyelid. As soon as I tried it on the back of my hand I was instantly impressed with how pigmented it was and also that the shimmer particles looked great- top marks for Topshop for creating a shadow that looks exactly the same on the skin as it does in the pot. 
I decided against applying a lighter ‘base’ colour as this colour is stunning and 3 dimensional on it’s own, so I went straight in with my large Mac shader brush and applied a generous amount of the shadow on to my lids. Because this is very pigmented, the texture is quite ‘powdery’ so it’s best to pat the eyeshadow onto the eyelid rather than brush it on. This will not only ensure that the colour does not lose its depth, but also will ensure the shimmer stays put. Once I had applied a good amount of the shadow, I took my Spectrum shader brush brush and gently started to blend the edges, careful not to take too much colour away from the moveable part of the lid. I also picked up some more of the product and lined the bottom of my eyes (under the lashes) with it. I finished off with some Rimmel brown gel eyeliner, and lashings of Maxfactor false lash effect mascara. 
This is an easy, quick, everyday look than can easily be vamped up for the evening by blending some matte brown eyeshadow into the crease of the eyelid and swapping the brown liquid liner for black.
 What do you think? Have you tried this or any of the other Topshop eyeshadows? 
Love, Beth xxx  




SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm a sucker for shades like this one! (I have blue eyes too :P) Your makeup looks so beautiful! I really need to get my hands on some topshop products :) <3

    www.anacelinelabod.com
    ps. there’s an Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I would recommend this one, it's great and doesn't take up too much space in your makeup bag! Eeek, I will check out your blog now....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to stock neglecting single eyeshadows as this looks like a lovely shade and I haven't tried Topshop's at all :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig