A Beauty Blog...

Follow My So Kohl'd Life on Instagram

Friday, 5 June 2015

Beauty Buys Under £5.....


I'm a sucker for a beauty bargain, and at the moment there seems to be so many amazing new products on the market that are so affordable. Don't get me wrong, I do also love my premium makeup, but there's nothing better than discovering an amazing new product that has cost you next to nothing. 

I've scoured the high street and put together some of the best beauty buys for £5 or under. Who said that updating your makeup bag had to be expensive??

one- Mono eyeshadow in 'Interstellar' £5- Topshop 
I've always been a big fan of Topshop beauty, despite having pre conceived ideas of it when it launched. Having never come across a high street brand that offers a beauty range as good as the big names I was dubious, however I was proved wrong and 5 years later they are still offering up some great products. I'm a huge fan of eyeshadow (a smoky eye being my go to look for most occasions) and these this one is not only a gorgeous browny/ taupe colour with a hint of sheen, but it is also highly pigmented, silky smooth and lasts all day. An all round winner!

two- Eyeshadow brush, £4.99- Lottie 
I recently discovered the Lottie range of brushes and I was instantly drawn in by their colourful handles. Let's face it, who doesn't want their brushes to look pretty on their dressing table? This red eyeshadow brush is top of my list, and with change from £5 it'd be rude not to! 

three- Maybelline Baby Lips lipbalm in peach kiss, £2.99- Superdrug
 I already have a couple of these lip balms and 'Peach Kiss' is next on my list. Believe it or not it smells just like peaches, and leaves a hint of colour on your lips. Perfect for a natural daytime look and super moisturising at the same time!

four- Essential Mattes eyeshadow palette, £4- Makeup Revolution
I was introduced to Makeup Revolution a few months ago when my friend told me they do amazing Urban Decay dupes- needless to say I was straight down to Superdrug to invest! I went for the essential mattes palette as I prefer a matte eye for daytime but I also have my eyes on a couple of the others. The shadows are highly pigmented, and the colour lasts all day. Plus £4 is an absolute bargain. Highly recommended!

five- Vaseline Rosy Lips pouch, £4- Superdrug
Who doesn't love Vaseline, especially when it comes in a cute pink little pouch?! In the 'rosy lips' flavour (my fave) and with a mirror for all of those quick touch ups this is a must have for your handbag!

six- Bourjois bronzing powder, £4.99- Superdrug
This gorgeous bronzer is 'sprinkled with rich clusters of sunshine' for the perfect summer look. Plus it smells like chocolate- I need this in my life!! Use on your face for a sunkissed glow, or, if you are pale like me, on your chest and shoulders to add a bit of colour.

seven- Shimmer box in 'rose', £4.99- Beauty UK
Beauty UK's version of the Nars shimmer brick, this little compact contains 5 complimentary shades which can be used on their own or altogether for a gorgeous pop of colour. Also available in bronze.

eight- B beauty makeup brush cleanser, £4.99- Superdrug
When it comes to cleaning my makeup brushes, it always seem likes a bit of a faff, especially if like me you like to shampoo them and then leave them to air dry! This makeup brush cleanser from 'B' couldn't be more convenient- just spray your brushes, wipe them on a cotton pad and hey presto, clean brushes! Great for a quick fix.

nine- Rimmel Scandal'Eyes eyeshadow stick in bad bronze, £4.49- Superdrug
I love love love these Scandal'Eyes eyeshadow sticks from Rimmel. Simply apply all over the lid, then blend with an eyeshadow brush (the Lottie one from number two would be perfect!) for a quick smoky eye. I love this bronze shade which also looks lovely as an eyeliner. 

ten- MUA Luxe whipped velvet blusher in 'Hedonic', £3- Superdrug
I'm a big fan on the MUA range and an even bigger fan of the MUA Luxe new collection. This cute little blusher comes in 5 shades, but i'm head over heels for the candy pink shade 'Hedonic.' It is super soft (hence the whipped velvet name!) and provides gorgeous build able colour. 

Have you tried and tested any of these products? What are your high street beauty must haves?

Love, Beth xxx  

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Been Loving your blog recently! I've been eyeing up a few of the lottie brushes. If you have a spare 5 minutes I'd appreciate it if you could check out my blog. Thank you xx
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I'll have a little look now :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig